Monday, June 2, 2014

Quilt Books

I love them! I love reading them, I love writing them (huh, what? writing them? Hee hee, more on that on another post!) I especially love older books. I hesitate to call them vintage, because the ones I've been picking up lately are only 20 years old. (What qualifies as vintage anyway? Okay, quick Google search tells me 30 years to be vintage, at least in the Etsy world.) Anyway, so much great inspiration. My latest find was this treasure, found recently at a local quilt guild's show.



Twenty Little Amish Quilts by none other than Gwen Martson!

After flipping through the book, I got to thinking how I might make one or two. Then I thought about making all of them. Say, oner per month. And then I got to thinking that maybe others might want to make some too. Do you?  If so, let me know. If you don't have a copy, the book can still be purchased from Amazon.

Here's the first one I'm making:


So, will you join me?

post signature

2 comments:

Betty said...

Great idea!! I have this treasured book too.
Heather you've left me with a predicament!! (a nice one)

craftytammie said...

I love "vintage" books too. I am always on the look out at yard sales and thrift shops. but I have never seen that one, adorable! can't wait to hear your news!