Sunday, May 20, 2012

Zakka Style

When it comes to craft books, I like to try before I buy, usually taking books out of the library for two, three, maybe even seven times before I decide to purchase. Zakka Style hasn't made it to my library yet, but just seeing all of the cool projects on blogs and during the Zakka Style Sew Along made me want it. Lucky, lucky me, I won a copy from Prudent Baby!



The book arrived Wednesday. So much cuteness. Out of the 24 projects, I can really see myself making a good 15 or so of them. That's pretty good for one book! The projects are mostly small, and look relatively easy, so for the investment of a few hours and a little bit of fabric, you can have something fun for yourself or a friend, or both!


This is the first project I made, a sweet little sewing pouch. 





I got to use some of my favorite elephants and hippos! A perfect little kit for hexies or binding. (I think I've pretty much given up on embroidery for now ~ although it would be perfect for that, too.)


The sew along is doing a quilt next. I might skip that one for now. But the project after that, the Stem Messenger Bag looks awesome. Maybe I'll get started on that early. Like I need another bag. 

3 comments:

Skooks said...

Hurray! So glad you posted this. I just bought this book the other day (sight unseen b.c of the reviews) with a gift card I got for my birthday. Should be here this week sometime . . . now I'm even more pumped to get it. :)

PJ said...

Looks like a great book. I like the project you've made.

Cliodana said...

like that kit it's so pure and simple!