Thursday, February 23, 2012

Plus Quilt

I've wanted to make a plus quilt for a while. But I really don't want a big one, so I stitched up this mini. Right now, it measures about 20 x 30. There's something about it that's bugging me. It feels kind of puny. It feels like it needs to be square. Maybe it just feels weird, because I have no purpose for it. I mean, what exactly do you do with a mini? Wall hanging? Table topper? Or, gift it away and let the recipient worry about it? Ha! That's the ticket!


Advice welcome.

7 comments:

Betty said...

Ehhh placemat? Wallhaning (in the toilet?) Really big coaster?

Dawn said...

Heather, I love your Plus Quiltlet! I enjoy doing minis, but the first time I finished one and held it up for my hubby to ooh and aah over he just said, "That was a lot of effort for a pot holder"...silly man :)

Kelsey said...

Looks great! I just use them as wallhangings - I have one hanging right now at the bottom of the steps. My mom uses them on her kitchen island or table as decoration

Mrs.Pickles said...

lovely mini....however to me that is a big quilt...lol

Michele said...

I like the colors but I think I see what you mean by it feels off. To me it seems like it needs a little more length. And I do agree that it would make a great wallhanging.

Grammasheri said...

Wellll...you could go ahead and finish up the plus blocks along the outside edges of the quiltlet, leaving the edges with the little squares sticking out and then binding it that way. Sort of an asymmetrical look. (Remember, you asked for comments! :D)

DanaK ~ WaterPenny said...

I agree I never know quite what to do with smaller quilts. Give them away is always a safe bet!