Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Heart Art: Baltimore Quilting Workshop

Last week, on the suggestion of a friend in the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild, I attended a workshop hosted by Insung Kim at MICA. Insung is adorable, and so enthusiastic about her work. We had a lively discussion about "modern quilting" (she's a member of the DC MQG) and how it's very hard to define. Insung shared some wonderful examples of her work. And then she put us to work. We stitched up english paper pieced hexagons (I luv me some hexies!). While we were busy stitching and chatting (quilting, sewing, art, everything) she also demonstrated several ways she uses circles in her art. I look forward to trying the reverse applique method she showed us.





Here's the little cutie I made. It will probably end up on some sort of pouch or tote. Or maybe a notebook cover ~ those seem to be my go to projects these days! Thanks Tara for sharing your pics!

1 comment:

namoo said...

It was so nice meeting you. Thank you for the wonderful post. Look forward to seeing you around in other quilting events in town!