Monday, April 4, 2011

Hope

I'm a wanna be gardener. I want a ginormous garden, filled with tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, beans, beets, eggplant, herbs ~ all that yummy stuff. As for flowers, I like the classics ~ geraniums, azaleas, hydrangeas. I have no idea what grows here. Hopefully these!



I never plant pansies, but the yellow and purple were calling out to me.

The back yard of the new house doesn't get much sun, at least not in one spot for the herbs to flourish, so I've put them on the front porch in a ceramic planter. Only my favs: basil, Italian parsley, rosemary and thyme. I have no idea if the deer will get them or not (deer frequent the neighborhood, but not necessarily our yard - although with these tasty treats, who can blame them?) Maybe I can plant my ginormous garden in the front yard.

Three days ago, it was snowing. Today, 80 and sunny. It gives me hope.

No comments: